The Grand Finale!

And here it is, all completed, and just in time, too! :)
Ya'll I'm SO happy this is done! There was a while there where I was convinced I was laboring for nothing, but I'm happy to say that it's all done, ends are woven in, and now it's off to my niece's party!
I can't wait till she opens it.
I'm so excited because this was my first small motif afghan and I did it! I've been in fear of these because all the ones I'd found were sewing together assembly. These join-as-you-go patterns are a much better fit for me. :)
Here's a closer look to see the border and all the colors:
And here's something I think is interesting: a progress chart I made up from my photos. The anal mathmatic nut inside me going, you know? ;) (click photo for larger size)

4 comments:
Is that beautiful or what!? I love your progress chart too! You have out done yourself...I can't wait to see your next one!
Thanks, Theresa! Despite it almost kicking me in the tooshie, I had a lot of fun with this one!
Oh my heavens. I'm just gonna sit here and cry now.
I keep thinking, as I work my way through your blog, that you'll never be able to top yourself, and then you go right ahead and do just that. This is an incredible blanket! Your niece must've been thrilled with it.
Ok. Maybe in a few more years I'll be able to do something like this. I have to have confidence, right? You're giving me something to shoot for. LOL
Thank you so much, Poochie and Lene!
Your comments really made me smile!
Lene, you've gotta try this afghan pattern! It's just breathtaking and it's no where near as difficult as it looks!
Post a Comment