Friday, September 14, 2007

Monkeys & a Woodin


I finished the socks for my Monkey Swap Pal!

Pattern: Monkey, Cookie A, Knitty
Yarn: Meilenweit Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch, color 707
Needles: Addi Turbos, US 2, 32" circular
Started: September 5, 2007
Finished: September 13, 2007
Dimensions: can't tell - she might read this!
Modifications: short row heel and toe

I really like how these turned out. The one on the right was the 2nd sock and I like it's color line up better, but oh well. I have to stop being so anal about my knitting, including how stripes line up on socks. Sometimes it's ok if they're fraternal. (Please tell me it's really ok?)

The colors in this yarn appealed to me so much that I ordered another ball for myself. Hee hee ;)

I've been gathering goodies and monkey-related items to send along with the socks and I'm almost ready to send her package out. Can't wait till she gets it!

Yesterday I saw the new Knitty was up. OMG, there are a few things this time I am going to make. Muir is gorgeous, and I think it would be pretty in a delicately colored yarn. Cherie Amour made my jaw drop. I so badly want to buy yarn for this right now, but good sense tells me to press on through my WIPs to dwindle them down first. But seriously, it's a sexy and flattering design! Totally Autumn intrigues me, but I'm actually thinking of doing it in laceweight and making a large stole out of the pattern. We'll see. The Diamond Waffle Socks I think would be perfect for my hubby as dressier socks to wear to work. (Let me know what you think on that one, babe, ok?)

Last but not least, the Woodins! SO CUTE.

And um, made.


I couldn't resist.

Pattern: Woodins,
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Angora, white
Needles: Addi Turbos US5, 32" circular
Started: September 13, 2007
Finished: September 13, 2007
Modifications: *edited to add* I didn't felt mine like the pattern called for. I simply brushed it to bring out the fuzz in the angora.

Last night when I finished, I showed my hubby and older son. My son thought it was adorable, hubby just looked at it, then me, like, "Wha??"

T asked hubby why he didn't like it. I said, "Because your dad can't understand the simple pleasure of knitting something pointless just because it's cute and it makes you feel better." Hubs giggled.

This one's for me, but both my boys have asked for one. T wants a green one with a yellow tail, and C wants a red one with a purple tail.

Well, that's all for today. I haven't blogged regularly lately (sorry.) Hopefully now that the initial first week of school rush is over I can get back to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The monkeys look great, and it wouldn't bother me at all that they don't match up. That really *is* a great colorway!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

Kare said...

very nice sockies!

Love the Woodin. I just saw that pattern tonight over at Knitty and thought it was so cute. Are you going to make the tree for them?