Thursday, September 06, 2007

Exuberance, Thy Name is Socks


A sock sandwich!

There's a lot of knitting going on around here.
There's a lot of sock knitting going on around here, too.

Top to bottom:
- Monkeys for my Monkey Swap Pal
- Vanillas for my mother-in-law
- Monkeys for me
- Jaywalkers for me (but I'm thinking these may be headed to the frog pond)
- Wide Ribs for hubby

They're all in various stages of progression. The closest ones to being done are the Monkeys for me - just need to do the toe then start the other one.

Good grief, I just realized these are all socks 1 of 2 in the pairs. So lots more sock knitting for me.

And here's a shot to see them all.

I still love knitting the Monkey socks. (Thank goodness, since I have two pairs going right now.) It's a pattern I have long since memorized and can knit anywhere.

The Jaywalkers in shades of green... eh. I love the first pair of Jaywalkers I knit (and wear them often), but I'm just not feeling these. I started them quite a while back and knitting has stagnated. I think I'll frog them and find another pattern for these colors.

Hubby's socks came about because he's been bothering hinting at me for another pair. I bought the yarn over the weekend and cast on Monday night when we got home. These babies are flying, which makes hubby very happy.

MIL's socks are actually a 2nd incarnation. I was knitting a mock cable design, two at a time, but hated the pattern and it didn't look like they were going to fit. So I frogged them both and started over with just a Vanilla, one at a time. Now these, too, should go pretty quickly. I hope she likes them.

My other projects are probably feeling quite rejected. I'll bet they're planning a coup as I'm typing this.

---

On the school front, everything went great for both boys on their first couple of days. T loves 3rd grade and says his teacher is very nice. He's most excited about the brand new playground that the school built this summer. I drove past it - it looks like one heck of a good time!

C adores Kindergarten and came home yesterday full of smiles and stories about his day.

I'm enjoying my free time immensely. Who wouldn't?

4 comments:

Kare said...

Socks socks and more socks! They are all so pretty, AJ.
It's nice to hear that the boys are enjoying school. Smiles and stories and new playgrounds are good things.

(Have you read "The Friday Night Knitting Club" yet? I loved it. I think you would to.)

Anonymous said...

Great socks! Relish the free time... every chance you get.. they don't often enough.

Pam said...

I love all the colors you've chosen for your socks, fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What a charming way to display all your socks in progress! Your Monkeys are looking fabulous!