Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Monkey Sock Swap Questionnaire


I couldn't resist.

I signed up to be a part of the Monkey Sock Swap. I think it will be fun!

So here's my completed questionnaire:

Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I'm somewhere in between intermediate and sleep-sockster. I have knit several pairs of socks (among other things) and always love to learn new things.

The measurements:

Shoe Size: US Women's 7
foot measurement from heel to tip of big toe: 8.5"
foot circumference measured at the ball of the foot: 8.5"

Yarn Preferences:

What colors do you love? Earth tones, jewels. Oh, and pink.

Do you prefer solids or variegated? Variegated or self striping (preferably hand-painted/hand-dyed)

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Wool, please.

What colors would you never wear? Yellow or orange.

What are your favorite brands of yarn? Koigu, Austermann Step, Jitterbug, Schaefer Anne...

Are there any new brands you would like to try? Fleece Artist, Socks That Rock, Wollmeise

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? Monkey! I started Pomatomus once, but I hated the yarn I chose so I frogged them.

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? Thelonious, Gothic Spire, Flicker, Baudelaire, and someday I'd like to complete Pomatomus.

Other pertinent information:

Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? I'd prefer US, please.

Do you have any allergies? Yes, cats.

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? No smoke, but I have two dogs.

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? I'm waiting for my invite!


This should be fun!

3 comments:

Yarn Tails said...

I wish I had time for this! This would be soo much fun. Pooh!

Anonymous said...

Hello AJ,
I just wanted to stop by and say 'hi' since I'm going to be your Monkey Swap spoiler. I've read over your questionnaire and all ready have some great ideas! The pic you included with the post is really cute, by the way.

Your Monkey Pal

aj said...

Monkey Pal! oooooh I can't wait!!!