Mrs. Beeton Goodness

Another finished object! I've been working on these little projects all week and they are flying off the needles!
Pattern: Mrs. Beeton, knitty
Yarn: Adriafil Carezza (angora), Brown; Rowan Kidsilk Haze, Ice Cream
Needles: Addi Turbo US 7 32" circular, Addi Turbo US 5 32" circular
Started: December 6, 2007
Finished: December 7, 2007
These are so cute! They were quick little knits, too, and would be perfect as a Christmas gift, if I were to give them up. But I'm keeping them.
I changed things up a little bit. I didn't bead the MC cast on (as I didn't have beads that would fit over the Carezza angora.) Instead I beaded the CC cast on using a cable cast on and beading every third stitch with a tiny crochet hook. It was a bit fiddly at first, but I really like the look of it. I also didn't pre-string the nine beads on there to go on the top of the bells on the Top Bell Edging. I added those with a tiny crochet hook to each stitch as I came to it.
I also changed the picot edging, making the picots line up only over the purl stitches in the ribbing.
I know I'll make these again.




5 comments:
they turned out beautifully!
I keep thinking I need to make them, but haven't found a base yarn yet. (got the KSH in the stash)
Those are just adorable! I love the colors you used for them!
wow,
you have sexy hands!
too bad some chump put that huge rock on them! how long you had that problem?
You should put up a photo of the new ones - they are *fabulous* -- I think I'll be heading over to the shop to get some yarn very soon!
I am going to come up with a reason to wear these little trifles...LOVE them! You have such beatiful photographs as well. Thanks!
ps- found you thru Ravelry
Post a Comment