Make A Little Birdhouse In Your Soul
I think I've done something right. My son, who is knocking at the door to Age Six, is a They Might Be Giants fan.
In fact, his favorite songs are "Whistling in the Dark" and "Particle Man." He knows every word.
When I was in middle school and high school, their album Flood was huge with all of my friends. We would sing the songs from the album constantly.
And now my little boy loves their music. And not just their music geared toward young children, no. Their goofy-make-you-take-another-listen-because-you're-not-quite-you-just-heard-those-lyrics-right music.
You gotta love that.

8 comments:
Oh wow, I used to LOVE that album! Glad to hear the traditions of our teenage years are being passed on. :D
Yep, you did good!
A few months ago I watched a show on TV about that group. It was kind of fun. I think one of the guys is working on a childrens album.
Aww kids are so cute. Gotta love 'em. I had a 6 year old girl sing on my voicemail one time so whenever people called they heard this adorable little voice singing :)
You did wonderful...don't kid yourself. (thanks for the congrats on my wedding plans)
Oh, with both older and younger kids at my house, we sing "Dr. Worm" quite a bit. You can even listen to it while running on a treadmill! And, Sleepwalkers is on our "good night music" tape. On the other musical front, the older girls have been learning to play "Take on Me" by A ha on the piano!
Ha! Particle Man is now firmly replanted in my head and will surely be spurted out randomly in coming days thanks to stumbling upon this post...
Haven't heard them in years- but it's all coming back to me now...
(found you on ravelry, by the way)
happy knitting-
ali
that is so great. we have a weird promotional cd of a live performance they did in nyc years and years ago that for some reason always made our son content on long car rides when he was a toddler. we got him the "no" cd when it came out (which i actually really like), but he still seems to prefer their older stuff. hooray for kids with great music taste!!
Post a Comment