Friday, June 30, 2006

Really Fuzzy Bear! (& some others)


This is Buehrle! (Pronounced "burly") He's named after my favorite pitcher on the White Sox: Mark Buehrle.

I started a Tiny Bear Mini-CAL on CAL pals a few days ago and this is one of the bears I'm doing for that. I think he's SO CUTE!

I used Red Heart KISS yarn for his body in Hickory and Red Heart KISS in Creamy for the bottoms of his feet. I wanted to use a yarn that was naturally fuzzy so that it would like more like a fabric bear rather than one that was crocheted. I'm thrilled with the results. It's almost impossible to see stitches through all that fuzz. I looked at several different yarns before choosing this one: it was by far THE SOFTEST yarn I've ever felt. It's a bit expensive for the little skeins, but I think it was worth it for this bear :)













I added a little blue and white gingham bow just to give him a little decoration, but not something that would take away from that gorgeous fur.


He stands just under 8" tall (hard to tell because he's so fuzzy!)

I didn't stuff him quite as firmly as I did the tiny bears just because I wanted him to be a bit soft and skooshy. It worked! :)

I'm thrilled. Out of all the bears I've ever had in my life (and there have been a lot) Buehrle is now my instant favorite.

I'm going to have to put up a shelf somewhere in here to properly display these little guys!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

And now for the grand unveiling of a few little items I showed teaser pics of a while back!!


Here's a bunny I made out of Lion Brand Velvet Spun. This was the first stuffed animal I ever made! It stands about 13" tall and is so very very soft!










This is what I made for the Survivor Challenge on CAL Pals. I love this bunny!! Such a cute idea for the body using yo-yos. I'll definitely hang on to that pattern :)










See? I told you I liked the pattern. I made this bunny for my niece a few weeks ago when she was going to have tubes put into her ears. Poor thing has been plagued with ear aches for her short 2 years of life and they're hoping the tubes will help.

I also made another stuffed animal: a turtle for my 7 year old, but I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet. :oÞ

I'll leave you with a shot of Buehrle that I took yesterday before I had his legs done.. I think it's really cute!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Hello!

Do you make these teddies?...they´re really beautiful!

aj said...

Thank you, Beth!

Yes I do! I've been having a wonderful time making these little teddy bears. I just love bears and being able to make them has been so great!

Thanks again!

aj said...

Thanks, Sue!! I used a skein and a half of the Hickory and just a teeny bit of the Creamy color. So I've got enough of the Hickory to do another one (if I've got the nerve after this one!!) I've also got a skein of the Rosette (a pink color) in that same yarn. I might do a bear in the pink! How cute would that be?

Isn't it the most wonderful yarn you've ever felt? It's SO soft!

aj said...

Awww thank you, and please tell your husband thank you for me too!!

aj said...

Aww!! Yes you are!! Your little bear is going to be SO precious! I just *know* it!