Sunday, November 19, 2006

And the Good News Is....

We have a place to live!! WOOHOO! We just found out yesterday that our application was accepted!

Sooo.... do you want details? Yes?? RIGHT!

We leased a beautiful townhouse about 20 minutes away from where hubby's job is. It's in a quiet little neighborhood and nearby is a GREAT park with with tennis & basketball courts, hockey rink, softball field and a huge playground. How perfect for two little boys? (And one big boy for that matter - hubby loves to play outside!)

So here's the outside. (This photo taken from the broker's website, though I added the text and the shaded areas.) It's a LOT bigger than it looks in this pic.

(All photos are clickable.)














And here is the kitchen:













Sorry about the weird color cast in some of these. I wish I'd have brought my big flash with me.













And the living room area. My boys were having too much fun jumping in front of my lens when we were out looking at houses. (Please excuse the black out on my oldest son's face... privacy and all that.)













And now we move on to the upstairs. (There's MUCH more to the downstairs area, but I was so excited while looking through this I didn't get pictures of everything.)

Here's C's room: (the color cast in these next two pictures is true color. The others were all way off because it was dim in there and I didn't have the proper lights with me.)













And T's room: (we let him pick which one he wanted.)













And here's the upstairs main full bath. This will be shared between the boys.



















And now moving on to the best parts! Hubby's and my room!!


























And the walk in closets!!


So anyway, the specs. It's a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom (2 full and one half bath) townhouse. It's only 3 years old and has all brand new appliances, including full size Washer and Dryer upstairs between the bedrooms. There's an attached 2 car garage (which will be SO NICE!)

Actually, the whole place will be nice. It's so much bigger than what we've got here.

Silly as it may seem, since we're moving so close to Christmas, hubby and I are already planning on where we're going to put our Christmas decorations - where the best spot for the tree will be, etc.

And oh! Central AIR! We've had a wall unit for the last 5 and a half years we've been here and we just never got cool enough, especially at night. I can't wait to have that luxury.

So anyway, those are the pics of our new house! Sorry about the weird color casts. The walls are really a creamy white and the carpet upstairs is all a soft beige (or pretty much how they look in the pics of the boys' rooms.) The downstairs carpet is a bit darker brown color and the walls are the same creamy white in there. When I asked the broker if we could paint, he asked what color I was thinking of. I said, "Well, maybe a pretty khaki?" He jubilantly replied, "I would LOVE it if you painted it khaki!!" yay!

I'll get much better shots when we're moved up there and get settled in. Until then, these are what I've got!

No comments: