Ways To Avoid Packing

Ohh there are so many. I could write a book.
But for now, I'll just keep it simple.
I packed for a while this morning. Really. I did. But it got old. Fast. I'm sick of boxes, packing tape, tissue, newspaper, bubble wrap (yes, folks, I'm even sick of bubble wrap), and well, anything that goes along with packing.
Not to mention the high I've got from the ginormous permanent marker.
So a little while I sat down to make a new hat for Snowy McFlurry. While I like the stocking cap I originally made, I thought a top hat would be more like the idyllic Snowman.
So I grabbed some Red Heart Symphony that I had left over from when I made my nephew's Triceratops and just created. What a nice break from packing!
Brandy said she wanted to see it, so that means pictures! And being the photographer I am (well, when I'm not feeling lazy about photos like I have been lately) I just had to set up something special.
The background is our Advent Calendar. We got it a few years ago from L.L. Bean. It's a little wooden cupboard about 18" w x 13" h. When you open the two front doors, there are 24 little pull drawers that all have a holiday picture painted on them. There's enough room in each drawer for about 4-5 small pieces of candy - like Hershey's Kisses.
So um, about 35 pictures later... Here he is!
*sigh*
Now that that's done, I suppose I'd better get my tooshie back to packing. Uggh. Just the thought of it makes me want to hurl.

No comments:
Post a Comment