Sunday, June 03, 2007

Arsenic and Old Lace













Er, well, it's not actually Old Lace, per se, as it's still in the knitting process.

And, there's no arsenic involved either.

Hey, it's my blog, I'll title it how I want!

This, kittens, is this yarn that I dyed a few weeks ago. I've been anxious to try lace with it, but wasn't sure of the pattern.

I'd ordered the Forest Path Stole pattern a month ago and some laceweight from Knitpicks, but I *HATE* how it's looking so far. Which is odd, because I about fell out of my chair when I first saw that stole and I knew I wanted to knit it someday.

Perhaps I still will, but obviously not with the yarn I chose for it. It's just ... ew.

I thought about trying it with my hand-dyed, but the pattern is busy enough without introducing a multi colored yarn in with it. So that idea was out.

Enter in a pattern I adapted from a stitch example I'd seen. This I like. It's pretty, it's elegant, and when blocked it's very airy. Yay!

On to other things... I found some things at the store today that I absolutely must have. Expect to see some really cool things popping up on my blog over the next month!

And maybe some more hand-dyed yarn. I'm getting the itch again.

PS. Please excuse the very crappy photo.

No comments: