Thursday, February 08, 2007

All Kinds of Good Stuff!












Guess what, kittens?

Not only am I GOING to the Knit-Out event at the Mall of America, I'm going to WORK there, too!

Last Friday when I was at the yarn store for Knit Nite, Steven had us sign up to be his "Glitter Knitters" to volunteer to teach and help out at the Knit-Out.

When I went to last night's Knit Nite, Steven told me he put my name in as a volunteer and told me they'd be contacting me for times within the next couple of days.

I got a call from a woman named Mary this morning about the event! We set up my shift times and what I'd be doing.

So if you're going to be there, stop in and see me on Saturday from 11-12 and on Sunday from 12-1! I'll be teaching crochet during those shifts (she was thrilled to find out I can do both - she said they hardly have anyone to teach crochet at the event) and told me she'd let me know later when I could teach knitting. There are a lot more volunteers for that so the scheduling is more hectic.

After my shifts are done I'll be hanging around the event and watching the shows. (Or teaching some more, depending on if they need me!)

I'm really looking forward to this - I mean, how fun to meet a bunch of other knitters and crocheters!

If you'd like to drop me a line to meet up, my email is
myyarns at gmail dot com. I'd love to meet you!

And for my other piece of great news!

I'm writing a blog for the yarn store! How cool is that? It's very very cool.

I pitched the idea to Steven last Friday and he loved it. We talked more last night about what kind of a feel he wants to it, etc.

I sat this morning and set it up. Steven thought it would be cool to take a "Lois Lane" perspective and write it directly from my point of view. I like the idea and think it will be easier to write and come up with topics if I'm going off of my impressions and experiences there.

Please stop by!

Yarn Garage blog

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Very cool news, AJ! Congrats on writing for the store. Sounds like you've really settled in up there ;)