The Knit-Out!

Whew! What a busy weekend! I'm still recovering.
And all I did was sit!
Well, that and teach.
I taught a lot.
I was supposed to work just an hour shift both Saturday and Sunday teaching crochet. But, there were so few volunteers to teach crochet that I ended up teaching for 3 1/2 hours on Saturday and 4 1/2 hours on Sunday.
There were so many people who wanted to learn - it was great! My favorites (and the ones I consider the greatest achievements and privileges to teach) were:
- A four year old little girl who picked it up so fast I think she just might be a prodigy. I mean, this girl, after about five minutes, stopped doing the basic single crochet stitch and started with all of the other stitches, complete with doing things like shells and what not. And she only needed to be shown once.
- Four different left-handed crocheters. One of them was an elderly woman who said her aunt refused to teach her when she was young simply because she was left-handed. Imagine that! Missing out on something you wanted your whole life just because of that! After a couple of minutes, she too had that hook flying. Not to mention she had the biggest smile on her face.
- A very special little boy who was very eager to learn. His mother thanked me for my patience with him.
- Basically all of the knitters that I taught.
I did get to wander the exhibits a little bit on Sunday after I left the teaching area and got some free samples of yarn, hooks, needles, and patterns. I also turned in the square I made for Warm Up America.
I unfortunately didn't meet up with anyone from blogland or the knitty board, but maybe some other time!
All in all, I'd say the whole event was a raving success. And I scored a sweet job out of it. Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment